A man has died and four people have been injured in a terror attack at a Paris-area restaurant that left more than 50 people dead, officials said Sunday.
A man has been arrested in connection with the attack at Sbiso, an upscale French restaurant chain, according to France 24 television.
Authorities said they arrested a 26-year-old suspect in connection to the assault on the French eatery in the town of Douai in eastern France, located some 250 kilometers (155 miles) northeast of Paris.
The suspect, identified as Amedy Coulibaly, was arrested on Saturday, authorities said.
The attack came on the same day that French President Francois Hollande announced a state of emergency in all French regions to provide extra security in the wake of the deadly terror attacks in Paris and Brussels last year.
Hollande called the attacks in both countries, which killed 129 people and wounded 350, “barbaric acts” that needed to be stopped.
Authorities in France say that the country has recorded 1,085 terror attacks since January 1.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.